2 Corinthians 1:3-4

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tug-A-War Warrior

Today I was reminiscing over many of the conversations I have had with so many sweet christian girlfriends. I have noticed lately many of us feel like we are being pulled in opposite directons... Like maybe we are the "ROPE" in a tug-a-war...OR... We're at one end of the rope holding on for dear life....

It seems like some days we are pulled in every direction by everyone! How can we get it all done and make everyone happy???? Our kids need us,,,They need rides from here to there, help with homework, runny noses, sore throats,,, they got in trouble at school, what about finding lost articles(anyone find a shoe lately?), making sure they have lunch packed, clean clothes...aruguing with siblings.. and your day has just begun!

What about our husbands... "Honey do you know where my_________ is?", "When will you be home?", "What's for dinner?" And the greatest of all..."What did you do today?"...Not to mention our intimate issues,,, thats just a whole story on its own!

Friends,,, Did you say...Do I have any or do I have time for one??? I have friends who seriously need me( I think)... We talk about everything and console each other... What if you don't meet up to her standards?? Or, your kids cross the line..What if your are a great friend,,, We all need that,,, but it does take time... How could we possibly fit a shopping day in or just a lunch date?

Work... Well, if you are lucky enough to work at home,,, that's alot of work! Sometimes there is more expectation on those of us who have the much esteemed position of "Domestic Engineer"....lol. Whether we place the expectations on ourselves or our family does, it's way more than a full time job! If you work outside the home,, do you still do the much famed domestic engineering job at home,,, where do you find the time or is it just half done...And at your "home away from home" job,,, how do you hold it all together... Do you even get to work on time??? That's definately a stress!

Many years ago, I was so busy trying to hold my time management skills together,,, I looked down at my watch as I was trying for once to have "a moment to myself" enjoying some sunshine, a magazine and some peace and quiet. I realized I was 1/2 hour late picking my daughter up from school... She's 25 now and she still never lets me forget it...!

Well girlfriend, Don't be at the end of your rope!! God is on your team, and he is holding your rope when you can't, He's pulling for you when you don't have the strength! Read these following scriptures to lift yourself up!

Isaiah 41:13
For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Colossians 1:17
He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Psalm 3:3
But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

Psalm 145:14
The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.


We are all in this together...For a good laugh,,, check out this video by Anita Renfroe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgoJ0f5EsQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

How has God touched you?